This is how the unique MPA technology functions
Hermle’s additive manufacturing technology: as fascinating as it is ingenious.
Get detailed information about the way it works and the range of new possibilities that it opens up.
Perhaps just right for your application?
Manufacturing process explained on a demonstration marble run
Part dimensions: 520 x 520 x 140 mm, total weight approx. 270kg, of which about 40kg where applied with MPA technology.
The image sequence illustrates the main steps of the manufacturing process:
- Milling of the marble run channel into the prepared blank.
- Filling of the channel with a water-soluble filling material.
- Application of a layer of 1.2344 hot-working steel. Milling of the copper component contours.
- Application of pure copper onto the pre-milled surface and subsequent milling of the copper part's shape.
- Application of a second layer of 1.2344 steel. Milling of the copper inlay openings and dissolving of the remaining filling material in the channel.